“Customer Lists as Trade Secrets in California”
Date: Friday, March 3, 2023, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location: University Club, 175 N. Oakland Ave., Pasadena, CA 91101
Cost: Lunch served — free for members, $50 for nonmembers
RSVP by 2/24
Presented by Noah Green
is a civil litigator in Pasadena, California. His practice focuses on business litigation, employment law (on the defense side), and real estate disputes.
Noah graduated with honors from American University law school in Washington, D.C. in 2000.
“Customer Lists as Trade Secrets in California ”
A discussion regarding the tension between business owners’ need to expand versus their need to guard their customer lists, and the law of California as to when a customer list is a protected trade secret. Includes a discussion of the relevant statutes, lead cases, and sample contracts.Key Points
- The General Prohibition Against Non-Competition
- Trade Secret Clauses as Non-Competition in Disguise
- Statutes and Caselaw Regarding the Treatment of Customer Lists as Trade Secrets
- Practice Pointers for Business Counsel
- Real-World Advice for Business Owners
This presentation is approved for 1.0 hour of general credit towards the required MCLE for the State Bar of California. SGVBA is a Multiple Activity Provider.
RSVP by 2/24