Rande SotomayorRande S. Sotomayor, Esq.
Rande Sotomayor is a mediator, conflict resolution consultant, attorney, and arbitrator with over 30 years of civil litigation, business, and dispute resolution experience. She takes a down-to-earth, common-sense approach to helping people solve problems and conflicts. Tenacious, intuitive, and with exceptional ability to perceive and manage the emotional component of any conflict, Rande’s approach delivers consistently excellent results and early dispute resolution.
With significant trial, arbitration, and appellate experience, Rande has helped parties resolve hundreds of disputes, with specialties in the following subjects:
- PERSONAL INJURY (auto and other vehicular accidents, premises liability, pedestrians, family issues, product liability, public property)
- INSURANCE (ERISA benefits, disability, life, AD&D, coverage, general commercial liability, directors’ and officers’ coverage, additional insureds, home warranty)
- REAL ESTATE (commercial, residential, purchase/sale, nondisclosure, deposits, real estate development, mold, quiet title, HOA disputes, offer/acceptance, brokers and agents, construction, landlord/tenant, warranty of habitability, wrongful eviction, boundary disputes, neighbor disputes, eminent domain, land use, nuisance, lender liability, creditors’ rights, property damage)
- EMPLOYMENT (wrongful termination, discrimination, wage and hour, accommodation, ERISA benefits and union issues, retaliation claims, workplace disputes, breach of contract, defamation, non-compete agreements, proprietary information and trade secrets)
- BUSINESS/CONTRACTS (partnership disputes, financial institutions, lending administration, predatory lending, family business, breach of contract, unfair trade practices, Business & Professions Code 17200, consumer, tort claims)
- CIVIL RIGHTS & PUBLIC LAW (excessive force, false arrest, assault and battery, dangerous condition of public property, federal, state, and local jurisdictions, First Amendment, residency restrictions, land use restrictions)